Re: problems writing a large file to DVD+R Double Layer disk

On Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 12:17:57PM +0200, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> I'll have to correct that via sed.
>    test -z 1 && for ac_header in dummy
> should be a single line repair of
>    for ac_header in

I don't understand this "repair".  test -z 1 will always return "false",
because "1" is not a zero-length string.  So you might as well just comment
out the "for ac_header in dummy" line altogether.

As far as the original code goes, I'd have to see the entire "for"
loop to know what the actual problem is.  Since I don't have access to
a Solaris system (with its ancient pre-POSIX /bin/sh), and since dash
gives me no errors when I run

  for ac_header in
  do
  echo
  done

that means I don't have any systems that are prehistoric enough to
duplicate the bug -- assuming this "for" loop really is the bug at all.

It seems more likely that there's really some sort of mistake *before*
the "for" loop, which would mean tracking backward through 20000 lines
of ./configure code to try to find it... good luck with that.