Re: Samsung SH-S183A SATA on VIA VT6420 controller

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 06:08:46PM -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> At this point I begin to suspect hardware. Could you put you dmesg
> output up where interested folks can download? There may be some clue
> there. Also, try booting the system with the noacpi option, just for a
> data point.

Thanks for your suggestion. Now that you've mentioned dmesg, there is a
message I didn't notice before:
> ATA: abnormal status 0x7F on port 0xC007
>   Vendor: TSSTcorp  Model: CD/DVDW SH-S183A  Rev: SB02
>   Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 05

Here is the complete dmesg:
http://www.metamorpher.de/files/dmesg.txt

What does abnormal status mean? Is the controller incompatible to my drive?

Regards
Andreas Klauer