Re: "logical unit communication failure" c2scan NEC ND-4550A 1.07

On Don, 16 Feb 2006, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> It seems that you missd the fact that it has been introduced 2 weeks before
> cdrtools-2.01-final came out and people on LKML did complain that I did not
> cause cdrtools to become unstable from introducing untested code.
>
> Announced (in case of an incompatible change) means:
>
> -	prominent developers of code that uses the interface that is to
> 	be changed need to be informed a sufficent time _before_ the
> 	incompatible change is applied.

If "prominent" developer need close interaction with the kernel, they
might be well advised in reading LKML regularly. There was for sure a
longe time frame between proposal and actual introduction than 2 weeks.

> In general, it would make Linux a mature project if such changes would be

Well, mature enough for enough companies to use it. And mature enough to
have enough "experienced" programmers. You are not the only one.

Best wishes

Norbert

ARDSLIGNISH (adj.)
Adjective which describes the behaviour of Sellotape when you are
tired.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff