Re: Re: "logical unit communication failure" c2scan NEC ND-4550A 1.07

Matthias Andree wrote:

> I'm not interested in "known to work", but as the drive works with
> FreeBSD 6-STABLE, is there a better way to isolate the problem than
> running readcd with -v -V -d under strace(1) supervision?

Change the UDMA mode to a lower setting and try again. Try a better IDE cable and try again.

Last time I tried, NEC drives didn't work with crappy IDE cables. Also, if the cable is 90cm and the Plextor is connected to the 60cm connector of that cable, the Plextor drive being working correctly doesn't allow the conclusion that the cable is OK. Even worse, some combinations of 2 specific drives on the same cable makes one of them malfunction -> disconnect the Plextor and try again.

Alexander