About RockRidge

Hi folks,

About RockRidge
==============

I have been searching around on "man mkzftree", "man mkisofs", etc.
including googling around for examples in applying -ZF options to
compress the directories and files, to create ISO image and to burn as
well as to decompress the directories and files.  But I could not find
them.  Could you please shed me some light. Pointers would be
appreciated.

My purpose using RockRidge is retaining oringal ownership and
permission of data to solve following problem;

I burnt /home/ of a FC3 box on CDs. /home/ was on its own partition.
Then running LFS LiveCD I copied the CDs on a partition of a new HD
which has 6 partitions. I'm prepared to build LFS-->BLFS on the new HD
applying LFS LiveCD as host. Later I discovered all data after
transferred from the CDs onto the partitions became "read only" and
permission changed from User to Root. Now I need to reinstate their
original state, i.e. Write/Read, User, etc. Either I have to do it
manually or to re-burn the data from /home/ of the FC3 box onto the
CDs.

Could you folks on the List please shed me some light. TIA

B.R.
SL