Re: Problems with dvd+rw-tools 6 and Pioneer drive

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:02:37 +1300
Volker Kuhlmann <hidden@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> > I've an older LG DVD burner -- and nothing but trouble if I don't
> > get the exactly right medium.
>
> Which model?

Vendor_info    : 'HL-DT-ST'
Identifikation : 'DVDRAM GSA-4040B'
Revision       : 'A304'

DVD-RAM seems ok 100%, DVD+RW is fine all the time, DVD+R fails most of
the time (burning goes fine, data are not readable after first 1/4 of
DVD, random). TDK DVD-R are the only ones I found working >95% right now
and I get 50/50 with verbatim DVD-R. A304 is latest firmware as far as I
know. The older firmware had the same trouble.

I almost though Its simply unable to hande todays 8/16x media -- but the
TDK are rated 8x and work.

K.-H.