Re: Re: cdrtools cdrecord/cdrecord.c

> Could you give an example where cdrecord dumps hexadecimal rubbish to
> signal that everything is OK? I know it dumps a lot in -vv mode, but
> that's what -vv is designed for...

Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.
Current: 0x0008
Profile: 0x001B
Profile: 0x001A
Profile: 0x0014
Profile: 0x0013
Profile: 0x0011
Profile: 0x0010
Profile: 0x000A
Profile: 0x0009
Profile: 0x0008 (current)

Drive buf size : 1267712 = 1238 KB
 01 00 00 01 00 00 00 00
 01 AA 01 01 00 00 00 00
 01 00 A0 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00
 01 00 A1 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
 01 00 A2 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Track 1 start -150

More so when there's an error, including no media in the drive, or
whenever there's some check condition. While I might question the
usefulness of any hex output for anyone but developers, my objection was
against a cheap dig at someone else while doing the same thing.

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.