Re: cdrtools cdrecord/cdrecord.c

scdbackup@gmx.net wrote:

Hi,

My suspicion is that this can be done by option
 -force

It might be worth a try with the unpatched program.
His problems are just caused by broken DVD support in the DVD
patch applied by Debian.

My DVD needs get served well by original growisofs and cdrecord-ProDVD.
So i have not much reason to try any DVD-patched cdrecords yet.
I actually wonder why they live forth.

Because growisofs doesn't do CD, cdrecord doesn't do DVD, and -ProDVD isn't open source. I find it very nice to have a single tool to burn ISO images, because then I can write the media type fitted to the data size without needing multiple tools.

I wrote 'addir' to get the function of growisofs (easy multisession) on CDs. I would rather have a FOSS release of proDVD, I've had best results with that, but I wouldn't lock into any critical tool which wasn't "really free" in case the author got hit by a bus, or a float in that interesting parade Joerg showed a few years ago.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc