Re: cdrtools cdrecord/cdrecord.c

Hi,

> > My suspicion is that this can be done by option
> >   -force
> >
> > It might be worth a try with the unpatched program.
>
> His problems are just caused by broken DVD support in the DVD
> patch applied by Debian.

My DVD needs get served well by original growisofs and
cdrecord-ProDVD.
So i have not much reason to try any DVD-patched cdrecords yet.
I actually wonder why they live forth.

> Note that as this patch ignores the concept of the data structures
> used by cdrecord, it also causes CD-writing to fail under certain
> circumstances.

I meant Thaddeus' own patch to the patched program.
Obviously his patch does the same as the F_FORCE bit
and a quick research in cdrecord.c gave me the suspicion
that option -force would set that bit. To be tested by
whom it may concern.

Have a nice day :))