Re: dvd+rw-tools update [6.0, DVD-R DL]

scdbackup@gmx.net wrote:

Hi,

i nearly gave up the hope to see more growisofs releases.
The release of version 6.0 is good news.

dvd+rw-tools 6.0 are available for download at usual location, http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/. In addition to bug fixes [most notably for Pioneer units] this version features:

- DVD-R Dual Layer support(*);

- internal ring buffer to harmonize the rates at which data is produced and written(**);

I recently introduced a fifo into my growisofs script.
Now it is already obsolete. What a carreer. :))

For a talk I gave on "introduction to pthreads" I wrote a ring buffer program with most of the options one could want. If anyone feels that would be useful I'll put it up on the web site. I use it when sending things through an ssh connection to write remote, it's pretty well tested on 2.4 and 2.6 Linux kernels.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc