Re: dvd+rw-tools update [6.0, DVD-R DL]

Hi,

> A FIFO allows you to survive a period with low input data rates.
> If everything goes faster, you need to increase the size of the FIFO
> proportional to the size improvements.

But if *everything* goes faster, why not that period
with low data rates too ?

> It's the absolute speed that counts.

That is the experimental result. Yes.
Now i am looking for a matching theory.

Peter's proposal about the disk seek times is the only
idea which would convince me up to now. I am still riddling,
though, why this enlarges the need for fifo buffer capacity
but does not slow down the average data throughput.