Re: dvd+rw-tools update [6.0, DVD-R DL]

Would it be possible to get a ring buffer size option ?

-use-the-force-luke=bufsize:8m or whatever larger than 1m you consider appropriate.

Embarrassingly i looked for new Lukes but did not scroll
far down enough.

Do i get it right that minimum buffer size is 1 MB

Yes.

and that actually powers of 2 get into effect ?

Your input is rounded up.

Will this latter restriction stay ?

Depends on user input, but most likely it will stay.

(The jump between 64 and 128 MB might be a bit coarse.)

My standpoint is that if you get into situation when you consider more than 64MB, it's likely that bottleneck is abnormal and it's more beneficial to seek other ways to work around it, e.g. engage direct I/O to remove the pressure off VM subsystem. When burning pre-mastered images growisofs 6.0 tries to open with O_DIRECT, so if the flag is available *and* effective on your system you can try to compare on-the-fly and pre-mastered image recordings [or see if engaging O_DIRECT at scdbackup side makes difference]. A.