Re: dvd+rw-tools update [6.0, DVD-R DL]

Hi,

> > (The jump between 64 and 128 MB might be a bit coarse.)
>
> My standpoint is that if you get into situation when you consider more
> than 64MB, it's likely that bottleneck is abnormal

Or the user is an aberrated personality like me who
streams compressed archives on the fly. :))

> and it's more beneficial to seek other ways to work around it,

Psycho medication is too expensive in these days.
1 GB of RAM lasts longer and has less side effects.

Pun aside: with 4x DVD you are of course right. But with
16x DVD a 64 MB buffer gives you just three seconds of
reserve.
Computed back to the times of 2x CD-RW that would be a
fifo of less than 1 MB.

Whatever. The exponential progression matches nicely with
Moore's Law. Speed doubles, memory doubles, why shouldn't
the fifo double too ?
So for now i revoke my concerns. This fifo is good as it is.