Re: a NERO user familiar with backing up data on multisession CDR, how do I do it in Linux too?

On Sun, 2006-09-17 at 13:44 +0200, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Patrick Ohly <Patrick.Ohly@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > A while ago I wanted to do the same thing and to make it possible with
> > mkisofs I added the --root/--old-root command line options. The only
> > difference compared to your method is that each day ends up being a
> > separate directory, so by mounting the last session you have access to
> > each snapshot of the week at once. Unchanged files are still only stored
> > on the disc once.
>
> Did you test whether these options still work with the recent mkisofs versions?

Sorry, I haven't. I personally do no longer use this backup method
because my data started to exceed the size of a DVD+RW. I now backup to
the disk in a NAS, using hard links to reproduce the multisession
aspect.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly