Re: cdrtools cdrecord/cdrecord.c

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:

> >-	Debian people do not cooperate by not talking to the Authors of the
> >	software.
>
> In general, or just cdrtools? Generally, we have useful, productive
> relationships with upstream developers. In many cases, Debian patches
> are gratefully accepted and integrated into new upstream releases. In
> some cases, some of the patches we apply are clearly not useful to
> upstream developers (e.g. changing install locations, etc. to
> integrate more closely with the rest of the system). Sometimes we even
> end up taking over upstream packages if the original developer has
> given up.

Let us make a test:

If you are interested in a modification on cdrtools, send a list
of descriptions on patches wher the following constraints apply:

-	They fix a bug verifiable bug in cdrtools
	That means an unmodified cdrtools has a self caused problem
	that could be avoided by the patch

-	They add _generally_ _useful_ features.

-	They do not break any other supported platform

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)