Re: cdrtools cdrecord/cdrecord.c

Joerg Schilling wrote:
Geoffrey <esoteric@3times25.net> wrote:

I am sorry, but as Steve McIntyre told me that my mails are condescending, it is obvious that English is not the right language for the discussion as it seemms to be ambiguous to allow Steve McIntyre to believe I am condescending.

Or do you believe he missinterprets the mails and we should continue in English?

Actually Jörg, I tend to agree with Steve, but it could well be a cultural issue. You do come across rather blunt.

Then we should continue in German to avoid these ambiguities from English.

Or are english people generally unable to live with the baldly truth?

I truth is not a problem, as long as it's backed up with data that demonstrates the accuracy of the statement.

That being said, I really do appreciate your efforts, but I also wish that your distain for Linux didn't always find it's way into the discussions. Let's face it, Linux is here to stay, and I suspect that there is a greater cdrecord user presence who are Linux based rather then Solaris. No stats on that, so I could be wrong.

Open your eyes!

I am not against Linux, I am however against stupidity and evilness.

But your comments regarding Linux kernel developers would appear to indicate that you are against Linux. Personal opinion, nothing more.

If I see problems I name them and I do it in a direct way that just describes the problem. This is independent from the OS. If you don't see when I am atracking Solaris then you obviously close your eyes depending on where to look.

Not at all, I have taken a look at Open Solaris, it apparently is not Solaris. Linux works mighty fine for me, thus I can't justify the cost for a real copy of Solaris or the required hardware.

Of course, as the people who work on Solaris are more open for bug reports and take bug reports more serious, it is unusual for me to be forced to go against Solaris.

I really don't see a resistance to accepting bug reports. Differences in what one perceives to be a bug are a different issue. For example, I can see why Debian folks would add contact information to cdrecord if they have made modifications to it. I can also see why Debian would remove references to cdrecord-Prodvd, although I don't necessarily agree with those objections. Neither is truly a bug, but a preference.

If Steve McIntyre is uable to live with facts, it is his problem that he needs to solve for himself.

I do not need to correct me and a as a verification: Steve McIntyre was unable to prove a need for the patches applied by Debian.

Well, I would agree that the contact info for Debian should be added to the modified version of cdrecord.

I don't know that I agree with the removal of references to cdrecord-Prodvd, although I do understand their position. Then again, I'm primarily a SuSE user...

--
Until later, Geoffrey