Re: cdrtools cdrecord/cdrecord.c

Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de> wrote:

> Joerg Schilling schrieb am 2006-01-22:
>
> > First: this is not a bug inside cdrecord that needs to be fixed but a recently
> > introduced bug in Linux that needs a workaround.
>
> I don't care how you call it. It's a problem between cdrecord and Linux
> that needs to be fixed.
>
> Since you insisted that setuid would work in Linux (which it doesn't),
> I'm showing you what works for me ATM. I'm not claiming it's appplicable
> as is, I wanted to hear how your review is going.

You stated that it does not work on Linux-2.6.8.1 which is not true.

Please understand that I am not willing to waste my time with constanly trying
out new Linux version as long as the Linux Folks is not willing to to stop
introducing new problems for CD/DVD writing.

For this reason, I cannot try out problems with Linux versions ewer than 2.6.8.1
unless people give access to machines where newer versions are installed.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)