Re: Why burnfree is off by default?

"ROBERTOJIMENOCA@terra.es" <ROBERTOJIMENOCA@terra.es> wrote:

> You mean that even if there's no buffer underrun the 50 bits or 14 bits
> are always lost in writes around the disk?
>
> Otherwise that could be always left on by default and warn the user when
> the disk write is completed that the disk used burnfree at least once
> and may not be conformant.
>
> Anyway I'd like to know the actual reason to
> turn burnfree of by default
> from Jöerg.

This has been discussed many times, check the archives.....
If burnfree is on, the quality is lower and the first technology
in this area did turn it off by default and the standard says it is
off by default and....

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)
       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/