Re: Problems recording a CD-R with LG4120B

emammendes@superig.com.br wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am ryting to record a CD-R using my LG 420B drive.  The LG can blank the
> media without a problem but when I try to burn an image this is what I got:
>
> Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
> Version        : 2
> Response Format: 2
> Capabilities   :
> Vendor_info    : 'HL-DT-ST'
> Identifikation : 'DVDRAM GSA-4120B'
> Revision       : 'A112'
> Device seems to be: Generic mmc2 DVD-R/DVD-RW.
> Using generic SCSI-3/mmc   CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
> Driver flags   : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE
> Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16 RAW/R96P RAW/R96R
> Starting to write CD/DVD at speed  10.0 in real TAO mode for single session.
> Last chance to quit, starting real write    0 seconds. Operation starts.
> trackno=0
> cdrecord: Input/output error. write_g1: scsi sendcmd: no error
> CDB:  2A 00 00 00 03 64 00 00 1F 00
> status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
> Sense Bytes: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 10 2A 30 06 90 21 02 00 00
> Sense Key: 0x5 Illegal Request, Segment 0
> Sense Code: 0x21 Qual 0x02 (invalid address for write) Fru 0x0
> Sense flags: Blk 0 (not valid)
> cmd finished after 0.002s timeout 40s
> write track data: error after 1777664 bytes
> cdrecord: The current problem looks like a buffer underrun.
> cdrecord: It looks like 'driveropts=burnfree' does not work for this drive.
> cdrecord: Please report.
> cdrecord: Make sure that you are root, enable DMA and check your HW/OS set up.
> cdrecord: Caught interrupt.
> cdrecord: Caught interrupt.
> cdrecord: Second interrupt. Doing hard abort.
>

> Why doesn´t burnfree works for this drive since cdrecord says Driver flags   :
> MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE ?

http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/problems.html

Cdrecord did say _all_ that can be said: You don't have working DMA.

Try to switch to an OS that supports DMA.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)
       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/