Re: Errors with 8x media, works in other OS

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 02:45:04PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
>Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:
>
>> Since he is not using cdrecord I doubt anyone but you was confused.
>>  - the example clearly shows growisofs use
>
>Neither the subject nor your mail does mention growisofs...

Quoting the original mail:

>My version of the tools is: dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8.tar.gz

>>  - cdrecord doesn't do DVD
>
>Cdrecord does support DVD since March 1998, that this is nearly
>twice as long as growisofs exists.

Joerg, please stop spreading this. cdrecord does NOT support DVD. Your
proprietary cdrecord-prodvd may do, but WE DO NOT CARE. It's not
free. That's the main reason why some of the other tools like
growisofs have been written. Until you open the source for that,
please stop advertising it on a Free Software CD-write mailing list.

>BTW: if growisofs likes to implement things differently from
>cdrecord, it would be a good idea not to pick option names
>from cdrecord and implement different behavior for these
>options.

That's an entirely reasonable thing to ask, yes.

"Because heaters aren't purple!" -- Catherine Pitt