Re: Cdrecord!

Rüdiger Greeb <cOzmIc.FI@gmx.net> wrote:

> I think there's this problem with 'cdrecord -scanbus' that's described
> in the original post.
> Calling 'cdrecord -scanbus' I get:
>
> Cdrecord-Clone 2.01 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg
> Schilling
> cdrecord: Warning: Running on Linux-2.6.14-gentoo-r2
> cdrecord: There are unsettled issues with Linux-2.5 and newer.
> cdrecord: If you have unexpected problems, please try Linux-2.4 or Solaris.
> cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open '/dev/pg*'. Cannot open
> SCSI driver.
> cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'.
> cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.
>
> Looks like cdrecord aborts because there is no /dev/pg* device node
> available. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Wrong: cdrecord complains about the last thing to be searched for, nothing
else. If it would be able to find a single useful device node before, it would
not complain. It is obvious, that your machine has not been set up correctly as
it appears that there are no SCSI related device nodes in /dev/*

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)
       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/