Re: mkisofs aborts but exit value is 0

Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:

> True, nor would the binary files for x86 execute on SPARC. Therefore you
> would restore a system backup on a compatible system. But if the system
> backup isn't bootable it isn't a backup, because you have to load the
> O/S from something else.
>
> I think you are reading "system backup" and thinking "full file backup
> of the system" which preserves the data but not the ability to recover a
> system without additional data. So perhaps you are used to other
> terminology and I wasn't clear.n

A system backup does not need to be bootable and it does not need to
even contain all files from the system. It is sufficient if
it contains the knowledge on how to restore a system with exactly the same
properties from the official install media.

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de		(uni)
       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/
.,