Re: cdrecord doesn't appear to support high speed media (4x-12x)

Steven Friedrich wrote:

I'm running FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE and I have a Toshiba SD-R5002 (DVD-RW)
but I'm using it to create a CD. High speed media, i.e., Memorex 4x-12x doesn't generate any error messages until I try to mount it. Memorex 1x-4x media works fine. I even tried speed=4 with cdrecord when using the high speed media, but it fails in same fashion.

Since I burn 40x all the time using Linux and cdrecord, I think you look in the wrong place for the problem. In the order I think most likely:
1 - drive firmware
2 - media
3 - BSD not configured properly for the operation
and only then
4 - some obscure cdrecord bug which doesn't hit Linux and Solaris users

Under FreeBSD ports, the description for cdrecord gives this web site:
but it's no longer there.

I would like to hear more about that...

E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time