Compiling dvd+rw-tools in Cygwin

According to http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/ this list is the
appropriate forum for questions about dvd+rw-tools (I think). If this is
the wrong place, let me know (nicely).

We would like to burn DVDs from Cygwin. Unfortunately, we can't build
dvd+rw-tools in Cygwin. The file growisofs.c contains lots of
platform-specific stuff, but no stuff for Windows/Cygwin. The
platform-specific code block for Linux isn't terribly large, but it's
quite low-level and depends on header files not available in Cygwin.

Has anyone out there tried this? Is this an impossible task? Cdrtools
compiles and runs in Cygwin, so it seems like DVD burning shouldn't be
that big a step.

Ultimately we would like to use the same open source package to burn DVDs
on Linux and Windows+Cygwin from a command-line interface.

Thanks for any direction you can provide.

Eric Runquist