Re: isoinfo funny ioctl error

> > isoinfo 2.01a31 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
>
> A bit old....

The latest vanilla I had sitting around, and upgrading wasn't worth it.

> Looks like I should change the error handling in scsi.c

I wanted the ISO info of an online DVD, but was uhhhm unkeen to download
the lot. The test of

isoinfo d -i "$1" 2>&1 >/dev/null

is used in a script to check for an iso9660 filesystem. If the exit code
is !=0 the next filesystem type is checked.

>         if (read(f, buffer, (sectorcount * SECTOR_SIZE))
>                         != (sectorcount * SECTOR_SIZE)) {
>

> May be a result of a short read.....

Sorry, I don't see what the location of where isoinfo's standard output
goes has to do with whether the input read was short or not.

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.