Re: Odd burn error

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Joerg Schilling wrote:

> Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com> wrote:
>
> > Joerg Schilling wrote:

> > > 					^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > > 					RTFM man cdrecord to understand what
> > > 					this means.

> > Man page seems to say exactly what I expected, the kernel didn't reject
> > the command because it was illegal or couldn't transfer it to the drive.
> > That lets out a raft of things like having the drivers loaded in the
> > wrong order and such.
>
> Well, your previous mail did look as if you did expect it to be different.

Agreed, "command reject" better, perhaps? In any case it wasn't something
obvious like used media or wrong device.

> > > It is obviously a problem inside your drive.
> >
> > That's helpful, I was worried that I got a CD burning error in my
> > keyboard or left speaker.
>
> If you like to know more, you would obviously have to ask the manufacturer
> of the drive.

I don't believe that drive does read after write, if that were the case
bad media would explain it. Possible, but this media, which very
inexpensive, has been giving me almost no C2 errors on backups, which is
why I use it.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
  CTO, TMR Associates, Inc