Re: growisofs vs. LG GSA4040B: unable to CLOSE SESSION (5h/72h/03h):Input/output error

> ... grwoisofs.
>
> I've tried simulated burns with a couple of blank DVD-Rs (two
> different brands).  The result is the same:
>     /dev/scd0: closing session
>     :-( unable to CLOSE SESSION (5h/72h/03h): Input/output error
>
> According to <http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/keys.txt>
> the SCSI error code means:
> 5  72  03       SESSION FIXATION ERROR - INCOMPLETE TRACK IN SESSION

This error appears *only* in simulated mode and it does not mean that
real recording will fail with same error. In other words failure to
close the session is *limitation of simulated mode* and should be
disregarded. Purpose of simulated test is rather to see if your system
sustains the load.

> I was able to write a rewriteable disk, but k3b's verification failed :-(.
>
> Any suggestons?

I don't know exact details about K3b verification procedure, but I know
that verification becomes tricky if you try to rely on table of content
to determine how much of burned data to verify. Turn to K3b people (the
matter was discussed with them) or mount burned media and originating
image and verify file by file, e.g. 'find . -type f -exec md5sum {} \;'.
A.