Re: Best way to write DVD+R? growisofs ?

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 04:02:26PM +0200, Gregoire Favre wrote:
> I think I already got the latest firmware from Sony...

The word "latest" is a big red flag for me.  If you just want to say
that you don't know what version of the firmware you have, then say
that.  Don't ever say "I have the latest..." because then we'll assume
that you don't know what version you have *and* that you don't know
which version is the newest at the time of your writing.

This applies to all the different forms of end-user support that I'm
involved in, not just CD/DVD writer firmware.  If you come into #debian
and say you "have the latest kernel", and it turns out you're actually
running 2.2.20-idepci because you just hit Enter on the Debian 3.0
installer's boot prompt, expect to be ridiculed. ;-)