Re: Problem using a TEAC DV-W22E with dvd+rw-tools/cdrecord-prodvd/dvdrtools.

most likely means that your media is poorly supported by your firmware.
Then "3/11/05 L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR" doesn't make much sense
either... What media is it anyway (see dvd+rw-mediainfo output for Media
ID)? Poor media support manifests itself in most bizarre ways. There
were reports that DVD-RW media acts as write-once, -twice or three
times. In other workds I'd really recommend to test other media brands,
preferably explicitly recommended by unit manufacturer, before drawing
final conclusions. A.

Ok. The media I bought are as follow:
 - TDK DVD-RW single-sided Data/Video 4.7GB 1-2x;
 - TDK DVD-R  single-sided Data/Video 4.7GB 1-4x.

Is there anything wrong whith these types of media?

Note that I didn't questioned media quality per se [just yet], but this media support by your firmware. New media products are being introduced to market all the time, some might *require* firmware update...

Advices?

I still stand by "test other media brands before drawing final conclusions."

Here are some informations about the report from "dvd+rw-mediainfo".

1/ Two new DVD-RW I tried to blank and which are now _not_usable_ says:
 /* First one */
  Mounted Media:         14h, DVD-RW Sequential
    no Media ID?
 :-[ READ TRACK INFORMATION failed with SK=3h/ASC=11h/ACQ=05h]:
 /* Second one */
  Mounted Media:         14h, DVD-RW Sequential
  Media ID:               TTG01
 :-[ READ TRACK INFORMATION failed with SK=3h/ASC=11h/ACQ=05h]:

It's first time I observe READ TRACK INFORMATION failing and it's first time I observe 3/11/05 code. TRACK INFORMATION is vital and correspodning command is expected to work and so far was observed to work under *any* circumstances. Failure most likely indicate that PMA, Program Memory Area, is busted. Is it possible that it happened because firmware picked inappropriate laser power for this media? Yes, it's plausible. Note that laser power is purely firmware domain and is beyond OS or application software control...

2/ A new DVD-RW I *never* used says:
  Mounted Media:         14h, DVD-RW Sequential
  Media ID:              TDK502sakuM3

Are these disks come from same pack? If you can confirm that they come from same pack, then I don't know what to think. Media ID is not supposed to change as result of recording...

As for Media ID not being reported for finalized DVD-R. Note that unit reported it as DVD-ROM (see "Mounted Media"). Apparently dvd+rw-mediainfo doesn't pull Media ID in such case (looks like bug, I'll look into it). A.