Re: Problem using a TEAC DV-W22E with dvd+rw-tools/cdrecord-prodvd/dvdrtools.

TEAC DV-W22E R.0A

But it seems _not_possible_ to write (or rewrite or blank etc.) a DVD-RW.
 dvd+rw-tools-5.19.4.9.7
1/ For example, when I try to blank a DVD-RW in sequential mode, I get:
 # dvd+rw-format -blank=full /dev/cd0
 * DVD±RW format utility by <appro@fy.chalmers.se>, version 4.9.
 :-( failed to locate "Quick Format" descriptor.
 * 4.7GB DVD-RW media in Sequential mode detected.
 * blanking |:-[ READ TRACK INFORMATION failed with SK=3h/ASC=11h/ACQ=05h]:
 Input/output error

2/ When I try to put a DVD-RW in the restricted overwrite format, I get:
 # dvd+rw-format -force=full /dev/cd0
 * DVD±RW format utility by <appro@fy.chalmers.se>, version 4.9.
 * 4.7GB DVD-RW media in Sequential mode detected.
 * formatting .:-[ READ TRACK INFORMATION failed with SK=3h/ASC=11h/ACQ=05h]
 : Input/output error

Because the three software I try seems not working, I tend to think that
this particular writer is not (yet?) supported.
Is there something I can do in order to make it working?

The fact that you see "failed to locate "Quick format" descriptor" alone most likely means that your media is poorly supported by your firmware. Then "3/11/05 L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR" doesn't make much sense either... What media is it anyway (see dvd+rw-mediainfo output for Media ID)? Poor media support manifests itself in most bizarre ways. There were reports that DVD-RW media acts as write-once, -twice or three times. In other workds I'd really recommend to test other media brands, preferably explicitly recommended by unit manufacturer, before drawing final conclusions. A.