Re: [Cdrecord-developers] Cdrtools-2.01a25: Patch to make cdrtools 2.01a25 Linux compatible

Hi,

>>> It may be a little tricky on distributions not coming from a commercial
>>> source, like Debian.

>>Maybe, but it remains entirely Debian's problem and responsibility to
>>sort out. It's by no means impossible. In any case, as you say, not
>>J?rg's problem.

> Sorry, _what_ remains Debian's problem and responsibility? Debian has
> always been among the first of the distros to follow FHS, and it has
> been a long-established feature of Debian that
> /usr/include/{linux,asm} are _not_ just sym-links to potentially wrong
> kernel source...

Debian was a hypothetical example. Nowhere did we say it had a problem
today. I can see that on my Woody box /usr/include/(linux,asm) are not
symlinks. Debian is good in that it is one of the few distributions
which discuss their policies toward reaching compliance out in the open.

The point being made was that it may be harder for non-commercial
distributions to comply with emerging standards, and if so, it really
should not be app developers' responsibility to kludge around.

I propose we end this thread as it has seriously diverged from anything
relating to cd/dvd writing. We can discuss these things all day but
for now it is Joerg who will decide how and whether cdrtools mainline
supports the varying Linux distributions.