Re: [Cdrecord-developers] Re: [Cdrecord-announces] Re: [Cdrecord-developers] Cdrtools-2.01a25: Patch to make cdrtools 2.01a25 Linux compatible

>From: Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@gmx.de>

>> Why should I add a wrong definition that would _break_ compilation
>> once the Linux kernel include files are fixed?
>>
>> If you like to get a fix, go to the Linux Kernel people and request
>> a fix for their bugs!
>>
>> Jörg

>a) The patch isn't wrong.

It is, because if ever, it needs to be "unsigned char"

>b) Didn't you say, that your experience shows, that linux people never
>   get anything fixed...as long as I understood your endless
>   complaints about linux, Linus and such ... what was it? (has
>   forgotten the details...if I heard the same thing over and over, I
>   forgot it usually...saves me to get things fixed)

Well, if I give up too early, there is a big chance that things become
worse in future.

>c) this list ist open for anyone, who subscribed. So let decide the
>   rest of the gang, whether to apply the patch or not...
>
>d) you are allowed not to apply it -- this is GPL.

Of course, you may do so but this is nothing that should make it into
a release.

       schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de	(work) chars I am J"org Schilling