Re: [Cdrecord-announces] Re: [Cdrecord-developers] Cdrtools-2.01a25: Patch to make cdrtools 2.01a25 Linux compatible

From: Joerg Schilling <schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de>
Subject: [Cdrecord-announces] Re: [Cdrecord-developers] Cdrtools-2.01a25: Patch to make cdrtools 2.01a25 Linux compatible
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:18:41 +0100 (CET)

> >From: Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@gmx.de>
>

> >Hi,
>
> > attached there is  a patch to make cdrtools 2.01 compatible to Linux
> > 2.6.1.
> > If the patch is not needed for some distros, which are assembled
> > somehow, it does not harm anything...
>
> Why should I add a wrong definition that would _break_ compilation
> once the Linux kernel include files are fixed?
>
> If you like to get a fix, go to the Linux Kernel people and request
> a fix for their bugs!
>
> Jörg

a) The patch isn't wrong.

b) Didn't you say, that your experience shows, that linux people never
   get anything fixed...as long as I understood your endless
   complaints about linux, Linus and such ... what was it? (has
   forgotten the details...if I heard the same thing over and over, I
   forgot it usually...saves me to get things fixed)

c) this list ist open for anyone, who subscribed. So let decide the
   rest of the gang, whether to apply the patch or not...

d) you are allowed not to apply it -- this is GPL.