Re: growisofs TOSHIBA SD-R5002 problem

Blanking works fine. (sorry formatting)

japie:~$ dvd+rw-mediainfo /dev/dvd
INQUIRY:                [TOSHIBA ][DVD-ROM SD-R5002][1033]
GET [CURRENT] CONFIGURATION:
 Mounted Media:         14h, DVD-RW Sequential

After formatting you should see "DVD-RW Restricted Overwrite" here, so that we can only see that blanking works fine. And the next question then is which blaking procedure was applied, minimal or full? Note that after minimal blanking procedure only DAO recording strategy is applicable to DVD-RW media. growisofs tries to detect when DAO strategy is the only option, but the unit firmware can mislead it to wrong conclusions. In which case you would have to engage DAO manually with -use-the-force-luke=dao or apply lengthy full blanking procedure.

japie:~$ growisofs -Z /dev/dvd -R -J /mnt/shared/Film/Test/
Executing 'mkisofs -R -J /mnt/shared/Film/Test/ | builtin_dd of=/dev/dvd
obs=32k seek=0'
/dev/dvd: "Current Write Speed" is 1.0x1385KBps.
:-! "COMMAND SEQUENCE ERROR"@LBA=0h. Is media being read?

"COMMAND SEQUENCE ERROR" does actually sound like "cry for DAO." Do try to engage DAO manually.

I've seen more talk with the same item in this list, but none of them
gave me an answer.

Note that the other post regarding the unit in question on this list *suggested* that DAO procedure is the *only* applicable procedure, period. Unfortunately user chose not to pursue the matter further, so there're not further information... A.