Re: cdrtools-2.01a37 ready

> However, none of this is the issue. What Jörg is getting worked up
> about is that he gets email from people complaining about bugs in a
> version of his software that he has nothing to do with (neither
> that version of cdrecord nor the bugs). That's the real issue.

I can totally sympathise with Jörg on this one. However, wielding the
legal hammer is only going to get everyone worked up, Jörg included.
Surely this problem is not uniqe to cdrecord. Wouldn't putting up a
(user-friendly) web page explaining the problem and returning emails
not about Jörg's version of cdrecord with a pointer to this page be a
lot more productive?

> Personally, I wish everyone would just use growisofs to burn DVDs.
> It's FSF-free, Debian-free, and open source, and it's completely
> unrelated to cdrecord. And it's well-supported and it works.

Couldn't agree more!!

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.