Re: cdrtools-2.01a37 ready

> come up with suggestions how to force SuSE to follow the GPL again.
> Jörg

How about providing operational binaries for
SuSE users at the cdrtools download site ?

That would help the little SuSE users because
they do not have to cope with the compile time
problems.
That would consolidate the cdrecord fork bush
because the SuSE binaries are not always operational
and many little SuSE users would have reason to
use your official binaries.

At least SuSE would have to take the blame that
the original author (and some of his users) had
to take action to substitute their unnecessary hacks.
(I agree with Lourens : anybody who wants to
burn DVD and who does not like cdrecord's DVD license
terms may use growisofs. SuSE 9.0's growisofs 5.12
binary does work.)

PS: Joerg, the message about
 "Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler"
is probably not due to source changes. I had it with
an original cdrtools-2.01a19 which i compiled on SuSE 7.2.
On SuSE 7.2 it ran without complains and on SuSE 9.0
it issued said message (setuid root).
No real problems when burning, though.

A cdrecord 1.6 binary compiled static on Debian in 1999
still works on SuSE 9.0 without any problems. Nowadays
it is nearly impossible to produce binaries that are portable
from Intel Linux to Intel Linux.
DLLs. Pffft.