Re: cdrtools-2.01a37 ready

> There is absolutely no doubt that SuSE is violating GPL.
>
> /*--------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
>   Also, for each author's protection and ours, we want to make certain
> that everyone understands that there is no warranty for this free
> software.  If the software is modified by someone else and passed on, we
> want its recipients to know that what they have is not the original, so
> that any problems introduced by others will not reflect on the original
> authors' reputations.
> /*--------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
>
> Is very explicit and unabigouous.

It's tempting to say you're an idiot, but it's more polite to say you're
a troll, so I'll say you're a troll.

> cat /etc/SuSE-release
SuSE Linux 9.1 (i586)
VERSION = 9.1
> where cdrecord
/usr/bin/cdrecord
> rpm -qf `where cdrecord`
cdrecord-2.01a27-21
> cdrecord --version
ZY$: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set RR-scheduler
ZY$: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set priority using setpriority().
ZY$: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer underruns.
Cdrecord-Clone-dvd 2.01a27 (i686-suse-linux) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to http://www.suse.de/feedback
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered with problems in this version.

About as clear as can be that SuSE is complying with, as I said before,
your silly whinging about preamble subclause bla bla.

Now that we have established that SuSE is not violating the GPL, do you
have any comments on your own violations?

Volker

PS: No normal user looks at the source.

PPS: Some software has an obvious option to spit its version without a
barf.

PPPS: Ever wondered why your pet targets, the kernel developers and
SuSE, seem to be "uncooperative"?

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.