Re: Adding MD5 to Image...

> Pardon me if I misunderstand you I wonder if it is possible to
> add the checksum of a file to the file itself. Because mkisofs
> creates iso image file, appending the md5 sum to the image
> defeats the purpose of having a checksum (unless you want to
> strip out the md5sum info from the image before calculating its md5sum).

Obviously the md5 itself can't be part of the data of which it's
calculated. In case of an iso9660 filesystem you know its size, it would
be easy to append another block with the md5 sum as first line, null
padded.

Whatever you do, make always very sure you calculate md5 sums of
filesystems over exactly the size of the filesystem, not less or more.
Otherwise you might end up where you can't quite remember  on how much
of your CD you calculated the original sum...

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.