Re: Adding MD5 to Image...

Pardon me if I misunderstand you I wonder if it is possible to
add the checksum of a file to the file itself. Because mkisofs
creates iso image file, appending the md5 sum to the image
defeats the purpose of having a checksum (unless you want to
strip out the md5sum info from the image before calculating its md5sum).

Having said that it, may be feasible to add it to cdrecord etc.

Ashish

Mike 'Fox' Morrey wrote:
    Hey guys..
How hard would it be to have MKISOFS add a line after creating an image that had the MD5 sum for that image? i.e. Something like:

Total translation table size: 0
Total rockridge attributes bytes: 268578
Total directory bytes: 0
Path table size(bytes): 10
Max brk space used 1dc784

ISO Chksum: a69def10...190F5

2290963 extents written (4474 Mb)

(I've seen a few(?) patches to have MKISOFS read/write individual files IN the image against MD5's, but nothing for the whole image..)

Only reason I ask is that alot of dist's are given with MD5's.. Currently I have to create the iso (split-output) twice, first time to the files, second time piping it to md5sum. I know enough 'C' to see where it writes to the file, but not enough to even try and mess with it. :)

Ideas? Thanks!
Mike.