Re: problem with flushing cache

I have problems writing a DVD+ or -R with many files.
Everything works good until growisofs 5.19 writes
/dev/dvd: flushing cache

This nevers ends (at least for a couple of hours!).

Quoting http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/tools/?M=A:

"IMPORTANT NOTE! A bug was introduced in version 5.19, which manifests itself by inability to finalize recording, it takes forever to "flush cache." Apply hotfix or download patched tar-ball. If you have suffered from this bug and have non-finalized DVD±R media, you can use this snippet to "revive" it. DVD+RW media can be finalized with dvd+rw-format -lead-out."

where "this snippet" is a link to a program...

The strange thing is, that it seems to work with a DVD+RW and with DVD+R (same media, but after 3 failures I only have the DVD-R from above) with only 10 or 12 files filling 4GB. Why does it have problems with 40k files in a single image file???

I find it hard to believe that it has something to do with amount of files in an isofs image. It's just a coincidence. A.