Re: [Cdrecord-developers] Cdrtools-2.01a25: Patch to make cdrtools 2.01a25 Linux compatible

> Some standard needs to finally direct everyone as to where the running
> kernel sources are. There are many applications that need the running
> kernel sources and not /usr/include/linux.

Yes, I agree with Jörg on this one. Header files are there for a
reason, and that is for programs which need them to pick up the
definitions contained in them. Doing away with them because someone
isn't able to handle the resulting mess is just incredbily bad design,
and something which one could conceivably call a Microsoft solution.

Users who need to recompile programs are required to have a minimum of
programming knowledge. If they don't, they ought to be using an out of
the box distro (which will have correct headers in the correct place),
or else put up with their own mess themselves. I have no sympathy with
users who do otherwise, there are much more important things to do.
--> You use a broken system, your problem. Distributions exist for those
who can't handle doing things manually (or don't want to).

Whether headers in XYZ match the running kernel is technically also
irrelevant. I may have 3 different kernels installed and be running a
4th one, while compiling a program for kernel 2. It is my
responsibility to ensure the compile environment (gcc supports many of
those) I am using is consistent for kernel 2.

Volker

http://volker.dnsalias.net/		Please do not CC list postings to me.