Re: Re: DVD recording adventures continued

> NO, read the documentation to learn how to use tsize= if you write
> from a pipe....

OK, so I can do it even when using a pipe, mkisofs with -print-size.
But using an image instead of the pipe would do too..
Will try soon.

> Something I did learn friday night by studying the Win32 binaries using
> strings on my Solaris machine...
> If you look close enough at the binaries you should be able to extract
> the firmware yourself.

Well. I know strings. But not much about windows executables or
typical compression format headers or (if uncompressed) the
beginning of a Plextor flash image or whatever. Maybe I could
figure out, but then the idea of doing something wrong and
flashing a broken image to my drive.. No.
Is this an intelligence test?
You really fear consequences if you would just tell me (or
even the world on this list) what you found out? Or even
provide the pure 1.03 image? After all its out in the public.
Just in an unusable form.

> Well I could tell you but then I have to shoot you ;-)

Ah.. sure, agent one :)
And what I asked below, NDA and such, is even more sensible in
this way, I see.. but now if it's not you that makes things
more mysterious than they are, then I can only conclude that
Plextor really does not have a very open way of handling
that kind of thing.. could'nt you tell them that a "leaked
firmware" would be sign of importance for a company and will attract
a lot of curious customers ;) Putting it on their website seems
to be too hard for them. Guess I'll have to send some more
mails to customer service..

Thanks for you work on this.

FL