Re: DVD recording adventures continued

Joerg Schilling wrote:

From: Florian Lindauer <hifan@gmx.de>

cdrecord writes in SAO mode so it needs to know the sizes.

-> Currently using the pipe-scheme "mkisofs | cdrecord" I would
 have to specify tsize, which I cannot do. So I cannot use the
 pipe but have to create an image, the filesize of which will
 be what is needed.

Right?

NO, read the documentation to learn how to use tsize= if you write
from a pipe....
The mkisofs man page gives an example of that, but it seems to be a pretty slow way of getting the information.

I also noticed that mkisofs uses -no-pad while cdrecord uses -nopad. Any hope that mkisofs could accept -nopad as well to reduce finger checks? Not a change, an additional spelling for the 98% of users who use both programs.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time