Re: Lacie external drive, growisofs and compatibility with windoze

> used growisofs to burn a dvd with such a device but I was not able to read
> the dvd from windows. It works smootly in linux...

Does "from windows" also mean "in another unit?" If yes, how do you know
it's not something wrong with that other unit?

> ... I can see the content
> (i.e., dir structure) in windows, but when I try to access it (e.g., copy one
> file) from windows it complains about a read error.

Examine dvd+rw-mediainfo output for recorded media. If lead-out position
and track size are sane (not less than the size of burned filesystem),
then it might indicate that "Windows" unit failed to calibrate. A.