Lacie external drive, growisofs and compatibility with windoze

Hi,
I have a lacie external (usb 2.0) dvd writer (it seems to be a NEC 1300A). I
used growisofs to burn a dvd with such a device but I was not able to read
the dvd from windows. It works smootly in linux and I can see the content
(i.e., dir structure) in windows, but when I try to access it (e.g., copy one
file) from windows it complains about a read error. I tried with several,
different supports: either dvd-rw and dvd-r. In all cases I used the
following command to burn them:

growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/sr0 -R -J some/files

After reading this list I also upgraded the firmware of my recorder (now
version 1.08) but this does not solved the problem. As a final remark I can
say that growisofs does not report any error.

Did I miss anything? Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance for your help

Bye
  Gianpaolo