Re: problems with growisofs on Fedora 1.0

On Sat 8 November 2003 22:22, Maciek Kozyrczak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if any 'growisofs' users have upgraded their
> distros to Fedora 1.0.  I have a Sony DRU-510A drive that I had
> working under Red Hat 9.0.  After upgrading to Fedora 1.0, I
> recompiled the dvd tool chain, just to ensure library
> compatibility.  But neither the RH9-compiled nor the
> Fedora-compiled versions of 'growisofs' have been producing
> reliable burns on Fedora 1.0.  I don't end up with any errors
> during the burn, but reading back the burned disk gives me
> input/output errors.  Is anyone out there experiencing similar
> problems?
>
> Thanks,
> Maciek Kozyrczak
>
> PS: I'm almost suspecting the ide-scsi layer, but I have no
> evidence to support this.  The reason I'm suspicious is because I
> can only burn CD-Rs in my Plextor drive in RAW mode (cdrecord),
> or else I also get I/O errors on read-back.  Is there some known
> issue with the 'sg' driver?

Well for starters, see this thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/cdwrite@other.debian.org/msg04512.html

I did some more experimentation after that, and found out that the
disc that gave I/O errors actually had three tracks, not one.
Another disc that had only one track worked perfectly. I haven't
had time to do more research and figure out what that means and how
to fix it though.

Lourens
--
GPG public key: http://home.student.utwente.nl/l.e.veen/lourens.key