problems with growisofs on Fedora 1.0

Hi,

I am wondering if any 'growisofs' users have upgraded their distros to
Fedora 1.0.  I have a Sony DRU-510A drive that I had working under Red Hat
9.0.  After upgrading to Fedora 1.0, I recompiled the dvd tool chain, just
to ensure library compatibility.  But neither the RH9-compiled nor the
Fedora-compiled versions of 'growisofs' have been producing reliable burns
on Fedora 1.0.  I don't end up with any errors during the burn, but
reading back the burned disk gives me input/output errors.  Is anyone out
there experiencing similar problems?

Thanks,
Maciek Kozyrczak

PS: I'm almost suspecting the ide-scsi layer, but I have no evidence to
support this.  The reason I'm suspicious is because I can only burn CD-Rs
in my Plextor drive in RAW mode (cdrecord), or else I also get I/O errors
on read-back.  Is there some known issue with the 'sg' driver?