Re: trouble with DVD+R

On Wednesday 05 November 2003 04:55 pm, you wrote:

> > Ok.  To start with I burn the disk using the following command:
>
> Everything looks perfectly sane... I mean except for the I/O errors at
> playback time... Did you try to access data in another unit? DVD-ROM
> would do... A.

I never thought of that.  It turns out that the DVD-ROM in my laptop has no
trouble reading the files.  I only get the read errors on my desktop machine,
in the drive where I created the disk.

I'll have to see if the drive can read other DVD's.  I'm not sure if I've ever
used the drive to play a movie, or something of the sort.  (Time to check and
see if the system is still under warrantee.)

-steve