Re: DVD recording adventures..

> ** Here is the status of the Linux-mountable dash-medium, that
>    cannot be read by Windows:
>
> dvd+rw-mediainfo /dev/scd0
> READ DVD STRUCTURE[#0h]:
>  Media Book Type:       25h, DVD-R book [revision 5]
>  Last border-out at:    2298496*2KB=4707319808
> READ TRACK INFORMATION[#1]:
>  Track State:           complete incremental
>  Track Start Address:   0*2KB
>  Free Blocks:           0*2KB
>  Track Size:            1*2KB
>  Last Recorded Address: 4294770688*2KB

Note "Track size" [and "Last Recorded Address"]. Looks bad, huh?

> In theory both should be usable with both OS.

Keep in mind that you have 4 combinations, not two! You have two
different OSes with two different units. DVD-ROM unit [under Windows]
might be suffering from compatibility problems (there were reports that
DVD-dash media recorded in NEC is less compatible than one recording in
say Pioneer). OSes might be treating TOC differently, e.g. Linux uses
READ CAPACITY (see lead-/border-out values in dvd+rw-mediainfo output),
while Windows might be using Track Sizes...

> There do not happen to exist special linux tools that try to read
> media even if some part is not standards-conform, unlike mount?
> Need to try if I can open the raw device and read..

readcd. A.