Re: dvd multi-session

Andy Polyakov wrote:

Even if you manage to put one tar per session, how would you access the
second tar? If you want to "tar-format" DVD media, multi-sessioning is
not an option, isofs is the *only* working option for multi-sessioning.
Sure wish mkisofs would take as input tar and/or cpio, or just some filespecs followed by a file data block. I have *many* old tar or cpio files on tape, and in many cases I lack the space to unpack them and then create an iso f/s to burn. Sure wish there was a nice way to do this, I could write a tar to {some format} input if I could pipe it into mkisofs and create a ready to burn directly.

--
E. Robert Bogusta
 It seemed like a good idea at the time